You get 8 boosters in your team to build two decks.
Two-Headed Giant is a fun multiplayer format where two-player teams battle against one another. Each team takes actions as a team rather than individually.
There are some rules for Two-Headed Giant that differ from other multiplayer formats:
- Each team has a shared life total that starts at 30 life.
- Each team takes their turn together, meaning they draw as a team, attack as a team, block as a team, and go through all phases of the turn as a team.
- The team that goes first skips their first draw step.
- Teams do NOT share any resources other than life–meaning players can’t share cards in hand or mana. The short way of remembering this is any reference to “you” on cards still means each individual player.
- Teams may share information and strategize together.
- The first mulligan is to seven cards, then each mulligan afterward results in one fewer card (six, five, four etc.).
Effects that target “each opponent” or “each player” affect each team member separately. For example, when Rabid Bloodsucker enters the battlefield, each player would lose 2 life—meaning each team loses 4 total life.