Practical Information about Fastaval 2019
Here you can find practical information about Fastaval.
Time and place
Wednesday, April 17th – Monday, April 22nd.
Mariagerfjord Gymnasium, Amerikavej 5, 9500 Hobro
- Ticket, Wednesday-Monday, including the overnight stay
- Ticket, Wednesday-Monday, no overnight stay
- Ticket, daily
- Fastaval Junior ticket
- Supplementary ticket for the Otto celebration
By signing up for a membership of ALEA you get a discount on your ticket. Furthermore, discounts are extended to organizers and participants under the age of 18.
Prices will follow soon
Sign up for Fastaval will open February 9th and close March 14th. The opening will be announced both here on the homepage and on Facebook.
Important dates for Fastaval 2019
Here you can get an overview for important dates and deadlines towards Fastaval which applies for participants, designers and writers.
- August 26: The, General Assembly of ALEA. Read more about ALEA here or the event on Facebook here.
- August 31: Deadline for the delivery of Board Games synopsis. Read more about designerboardgames here (link til siden om designerbrætspil).
- September 1: Deadline for the delivery of scenario synopsis. Read more about the opening scenarios here (link til siden om premierescenarier).
- November 2 to 4: Writers’ Weekend for this years’ writers of the opening scenarios. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- February 1. This years’ Prediscloser for the opening scenarios and designer board game is expected to be published on the home page
- February 6: Deadline for delivery of opening scenarios
- February 9: Sign-up opens
- March 14: Sign-up for food and registration demanding activities closes, comprising of opening scenarios, designer board games and Fastaval Junior
- April 11: An email with information about your roleplay, board games and activities, together with DIT tasks is expected to be launched
- April 15-17: Fastaval will be set-up. Read more about it here.
- April 17-22: Fastaval
- April 22: Fastaval is being knocked down. Read more about it here.
Fastaval has a few, simple rules that we ask you to observe. Infractions against the rules can result in your expulsion from Fastaval.
- Only vendors approved by Fastaval are allowed to sell food, drink, and merchandise.
- Fastaval appointed sleeping areas must be used for sleeping.
- Fire safety regulations must be obeyed. Use only the marked areas in the sleeping area for sleeping. Luggage and sleeping gear must be placed within the marked areas. The Brandvagt (the fire safety group) will move all gear found outside the marked areas.
- The sleeping area can only be used if you’ve bought access to the sleeping area. The “Brandvagt” will be checking if you have the necessary ticket by checking your bracelet at the entrance to the sleeping area at the Sports Center.
- On Mariagerfjord Gymnasium all consumption of alcoholic beverages is forbidden.
- You must be 18 years or older to drink alcoholic beverages at Fastaval.
- As a rule, Fastaval allows no alcoholic beverages except those sold by Fastaval vendors. This rule is suspended during the Otto party, all alcoholic beverages must be checked in at the Info when you arrive. The Info will be stored the items until Sunday.
- Smoking will be allowed in “Tågefyrsternes Dal” (The Valley of the Mist Lords) at the Gymnasium all through Fastaval, the same is true for the Main entrance to the Idrætscenter (Sports Center) at the Bar.
- At the Oasis smoking is allowed from 10 in the morning until 1 at night. Smoking after 1 is not allowed due to consideration of the neighbors.
- Please show appropriate respect for the neighbors to the event at all times, we ask that you show careful consideration while outside.
- Only animals that are certified as Assistance animals can be brought with you to Fastaval.
Under Danish law, any consumption of or distribution of illegal substances is strictly prohibited.
The Bunker of Fastaval reserves the right to amend the rules during the Convention for the sake of the Convention and the well being of the participants.
More information on food offers at Fastaval will come soon.
If you have bought a ticket that includes overnight stay you will get a space in our dormitory. You can bring your own mattress or rent a foam mattress when you sign up. There are toilet and bathing facilities in connection with the dormitory.
If you haven’t bought a ticket with an overnight stay, it is your own responsibility to figure where you will sleep during the convention. There are several options in Horbo close to Fastaval.
- Danhostel, Hobro
- Hotel Amerika
- Østerskov Efterskole also has rooms available for Fastaval participants, primarily for the use of families and foreign nationals. More information on this option will be made available on Fastaval’s facebook page.
As a participant in Fastaval, it is your own responsibility to get to and from Fastaval, but we have gathered some information about your options to help you get there.
Hobro Train Station is about 5 km from Mariagerfjord Gymnasium.
Hobro Bus Terminal is about 2 km from Mariagerfjord Gymnasium.
The Copenhagen Bus:
Every year dedicated participants arrange a communal bus from Copenhagen to Fastaval. Sign up for the bus will be announced on Fastavals Facebook Page.
More information on wear at Fastaval will come soon.
DIT means Do It Together and is just about the most important and unique thing about Fastaval.
At Fastaval you’re neither a guest nor a customer, but a participant. This means that in the course of your Fastaval, you must give a
couple of hours of your time to the community. It is YOURS and our Fastaval, and so it is that we all give a hand to make
everything come together. Every year the DIT’s do their bit to make sure that Fastaval has a working common area, roleplaying
games, clean toilets, sandwiches for the hungry, the Oasis, the Bar and everything else.
The way that DIT works is that you sign up for one or more tasks. By default, you get just one task during Fastaval, with which you
help an area. It’s nice, and you meet lots of good people from the whole convention. It is so very nice that every year there are
Super DIT’s who choose to spend their whole Fastaval helping out.
How to become a DIT
DIT service is mandatory (unless you’re already some sort of organizer). You sign up for DIT when you sign up for Fastaval. Here
you can indicate when you would like to help out with DIT, and you have an opportunity to influence what you want to do.
You might DIT in:
- Cleaning rooms
- Dirtbusters (over 18)
- Fastaval Junior
- James (helping out during the Otto party)
- Party bar (alcohol-free)
- Party dishwashing
- Party setup
- The Bar (over 18)
- The Coffee Lounge
- The fire watch (over 18)
- The Kiosk
- The Oasis (over 18)
Clearing out Fastaval
Fastaval ends on monday at 10 am. Here the lights in the dormitory will be switched on and everyone must have begun packing. Claering out of Fastaval is a joined effort and if you don’t know what to do or how to help then please report to an organizer in the common area (the High School). When Fastaval is clean and tidy again you can go home. Free breakfast will be provided for everyone who helps clearing out Fastaval.
There can of course be various reasons that prevents you form helping and Fastaval neither can nor will force you to stay and help. But remember that Fastaval only exists because we do things together and helps each other. So, if you can help just a little bit, then please do.
Photos taken in common areas at Fastaval may be published on Fastaval’s website, Facebook and Instagram. If for some reason you
do not want your photos to be online or used by Fastaval, please contact email@example.com and we will, of course, remove
them. Likewise, if you wish to be specifically credited for your picture, please contact us.
- Ongoing roleplaying may not be photographed without approval obtained in advance from all participants.
- Please always respect participants’ not wanting to be photographed.
- Please make the photographers aware if you do not wish to be photographed.
- Children may not be photographed without approval obtained in advance from their parents/guardians.
- If you wish to share your photos with Fastaval, please forward them with credits to firstname.lastname@example.org