Time and place
Wednesday, 30th March – 5th April 2021
Fastaval 2021 is hosted as an online event due to the Corona-pandemic
Under more normal circumstances you can find Fastaval here:
Mariagerfjord Gymnasium, Amerikavej 5, 9500 Hobro
All prices are shown in DKK
In 2021 Fastaval is hosted online. This means there is only one type of ticket, costing 100DKK
|Entrance – One-day (Bought through the sign-up)
|Entrance – One-day (Bought at the door)
|Entrance – All days
|Entrance – All days – ALEA member
|Entrance – All days
|Entrance – All days – ALEA member
|Entrance – All days
As a voluntary Fastaval organizer you get a discount on your entrance ticket and accomodation.
|Entrance – All days
|Rental of mattresses
|Accommodation – One-day
|Accommodation – All days
|Accommodation – All days – Fastaval organizer
The sign-up for Fastaval 2021 is closed
Important dates for Fastaval 2021
Fastaval 2021 is hosted as an online event due to the Corona-pandemic!
- 30th March, the Fastaval Discord serves opens for buisiness
- 9th April, the Fastaval Discord Serves closes
Fastaval has a few, simple rules that we ask you to observe. Infractions against the rules can result in your expulsion from Fastaval.
Fastaval 2021 is hosted online due to to ongoing Corona-pandemic. We are currently working on creating digital rules and guidelins for participation in Fastaval!
- Only vendors approved by Fastaval are allowed to sell food, drink, and merchandise.
- Fastaval appointed sleeping areas must be used for sleeping.
- Fire safety regulations must be obeyed. Use only the marked areas in the sleeping area for sleeping. Luggage and sleeping gear must be placed within the marked areas. The Brandvagt (the fire safety group) will move all gear found outside the marked areas.
- The sleeping area can only be used if you’ve bought access to the sleeping area. The “Brandvagt” will be checking if you have the necessary ticket by checking your bracelet at the entrance to the sleeping area at the Sports Center.
- On Mariagerfjord Gymnasium all consumption of alcoholic beverages is forbidden.
- You must be 18 years or older to drink alcoholic beverages at Fastaval.
- As a rule, Fastaval allows no alcoholic beverages except those sold by Fastaval vendors. This rule is suspended during the Otto party, all alcoholic beverages must be checked in at the Info when you arrive. The Info will be stored the items until Sunday.
- Smoking will be allowed in “Tågefyrsternes Dal” (The Valley of the Mist Lords) at the Gymnasium all through Fastaval, the same is true for the Main entrance to the Idrætscenter (Sports Center) at the Bar.
- At the Oasis smoking is allowed from 10 in the morning until 1 at night. Smoking after 1 is not allowed due to consideration of the neighbors.
- Please show appropriate respect for the neighbors to the event at all times, we ask that you show careful consideration while outside.
- Only animals that are certified as Assistance animals can be brought with you to Fastaval.
Under Danish law, any consumption of or distribution of illegal substances is strictly prohibited.
The Bunker of Fastaval reserves the right to amend the rules during the Convention for the sake of the Convention and the well being of the participants.
Here you can read about the menu for Fastaval 2021. The menu is not ready yet.
Expact the information about accomodations for Fastaval 2021 can possible change
Fastaval 2021 is hosted as a digital event due to the Corona-pandemic!
The ticket for Fastaval comes either with or without accomodations. Here you can read about some of the different types of dormitories and other accomodations. I you have any questions about sleeping at Fastaval please contact us at email@example.com
If you have bought a ticket that includes a standart overnight stay you will get a space in our large dormitory at Hobro Idrætscenter. This dormitory is located 100 meters from Mariagerfjord Gymnasium where the official Fastaval activities takes places. You can bring your own mattress or rent a foam mattress when you sign up. There are toilets and bathing facilities in connection with the dormitory. This is the default solution, so unless you sign up for a particular option, you will be assigned a place to sleep here.
If you are under 21 and don’t drink alcohol during Fastaval you will be able to sleep in the youth dormitory at Mariagerfjord Gymnasium. You can choose this as an option when you sign up for Fastaval. It is not possible to rent a matress when sleeping in the youth dormitory.
Fastaval’s organizers have the option af sleeping in a special organizer dorm at Mariagerfjord Gymnasium. You can choose this as an option when you sign up for Fastaval. It is not possible to rent a matress when sleeping in the organizer’s dormitory.
At Fastaval we want to make space for people who for one reason or another don’t feel comfortable in the large dorm. If you have emotional or physical need for a more quite sleeping arrangement in a smaller classroom you can sleep at the nearby school Bymarkskolen. It is located 600 m from Fastavals main location and you will be sharing a small dorm with max 10 people. There are toilets and bathing facilities in connection with the dormitory. It is not possible to rent a matress when sleeping at Bymarkskolen. Because of fire safety there is only room for 149 people sleeping at Bymarkskolen.
OBS! Accomodations at Bymarkskolen is reserved for individuels with special needs and families.
If you wish to sleep at Bymarkskolen please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
At Fastaval 2020 you will be able to sleep in a sober-only dormitory. This will be located at the nearby school Bymarkskolen located 600 m from Fastavals main location. The sober-only dorm is exclusively for people who don’t drink alcohol and wish to sleep around people who doesn’t drink either. There are toilets and bathing facilities in connection with the sober-only dormitory. It is not possible to rent a matress when sleeping at Bymarkskolen.
Because of fire safety there is only room for 149 people sleeping at Bymarkskolen.
Booking of rooms at Østerskov Inn is now open for Fastavals international guests and guests bringing children
800 kr. for rooms.
200 kr. as deposit.
The full amount is payable in cash on arrival.
Send an email to “email@example.com” with the following information:
Email, name and Nationality for individuals over 18 years
Names of individuals under 18 years
Phone number (for the contact person only)
Note that the signup is still only for international guests and guests with children and is on a first come, first serve basis.
For more information, visit us on:
Nb. Fastaval is not organizing nor selecting who gets to stay at Østerskov Efterskov, but we very much appreciate the that they open their doors to our participants during Easter.
If you have purchased a ticket without any accomodation at Fastaval it is you own responsibility to find a place to sleep during the convention. Again this year Fastaval have made a deal with the nearby Hotel Amerika
They offer Fastaval’s participants
- Single room, breakfast included – 695 DKK pr. night
- Double room, breakfast included – 795 DKK pr. night
OBS! Remember to tell the hotel explicitly that you are participating in Fastaval when you book a room.
As a participant in Fastaval, it is your own responsibility to get to and from Fastaval, but we have gathered some information about your options to help you get there.
Hobro Train Station is about 5 km from Mariagerfjord Gymnasium.
Hobro Bus Terminal is about 2 km from Mariagerfjord Gymnasium.
Information on trains and buses to Fastaval can be found via Midttrafik and Nordjyllands Trafikselskab.
The Copenhagen Bus:
Every year dedicated participants arrange a communal bus from Copenhagen to Fastaval. Sign up for the bus will be announced on Fastavals Facebook Page.
DIT means Do It Together and is just about the most important and unique thing about Fastaval.
At Fastaval you’re neither a guest nor a customer, but a participant. This means that in the course of your Fastaval, you must give a
couple of hours of your time to the community. It is YOURS and our Fastaval, and so it is that we all give a hand to make
everything come together. Every year the DIT’s do their bit to make sure that Fastaval has a working common area, roleplaying
games, clean toilets, sandwiches for the hungry, the Oasis, the Bar and everything else.
The way that DIT works is that you sign up for one or more tasks. By default, you get just one task during Fastaval, with which you
help an area. It’s nice, and you meet lots of good people from the whole convention. It is so very nice that every year there are
Super DIT’s who choose to spend their whole Fastaval helping out.
How to become a DIT
DIT service is mandatory (unless you’re already some sort of organizer). You sign up for DIT when you sign up for Fastaval. Here
you can indicate when you would like to help out with DIT, and you have an opportunity to influence what you want to do.
You might DIT in:
- Cleaning rooms
- Dirtbusters (over 18)
- Fastaval Junior
- James (helping out during the Otto party)
- Party bar (alcohol-free)
- Party dishwashing
- Party setup
- The Bar (over 18)
- The Coffee Lounge
- The fire watch (over 18)
- The Kiosk
- The Oasis (over 18)
Setup and cleanup
Setup and cleanup mark the beginning and end of Fastaval. It is something we do together, to get it done as fast as possible so we can enjoy our Fastaval.
Setup starts Monday morning before Fastaval. We receive the keys for the school at 9 AM and the preparation work for Fastaval starts at 10 AM. Setup lasts until Wednesday at noon, where we arrange and prepare the school classrooms for roleplay and set up the school for Fastaval. During the setup, Fastaval provides breakfast, lunch and dinner for all of you who are at the school.
Cleanup starts with breakfast Monday morning at 9 AM, after an amazing Otto Party. We’ll spend the day cleaning the school and restoring it to the condition we received it in. It’s a tough job, but it is a lot easier and more enjoyable when we help each other. Cleanup isn’t done until everything is cleaned and back to the ordinary and the school janitor has approved the school. Fastaval provides dinner, as we usually celebrate the end with pizza on the house.
For both setup and cleanup, we need all the help we can get. Even if you’re only able to help and lend a hand part-time, we would still love to have you.
Photos taken in common areas at Fastaval may be published on Fastaval’s website, Facebook and Instagram. If for some reason you
do not want your photos to be online or used by Fastaval, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will, of course, remove
them. Likewise, if you wish to be specifically credited for your picture, please contact us.
- Ongoing roleplaying may not be photographed without approval obtained in advance from all participants.
- Please always respect participants’ not wanting to be photographed.
- Please make the photographers aware if you do not wish to be photographed.
- Children may not be photographed without approval obtained in advance from their parents/guardians.
- If you wish to share your photos with Fastaval, please forward them with credits to email@example.com
Wear for Fastaval 2021 can be purchased here
If you are not living in Denmark, please contact the company personally in order to learn about international shipments: firstname.lastname@example.org (+45 69 91 82 53). Otherwise you can make an alliance with a Dane of your choice, to help you order and ship all your merchandise.